Developing a Psychic Vocabulary
It’s very common for intuitives/psychics/channels/healers to utilize what’s called a Psychic Vocabulary.Your Psychic Vocabulary consists of signs and symbols that have specific meaning only to you.
Psychic Vocabularies change from person to person, so you will want to understand and familiarize yourself with your specific “language” to improve your readings and general spiritual understanding.
Spirit appreciates when we develop our Psychic Vocabulary. Once developed, let Spirit know that you want them to utilize your vocabulary during your day and especially while doing your spiritual work. Insist that all light beings use this language when presenting with messages from spirits and beings you encounter during the course of your work. Spirit will act as an interpreter if instructed to do so, filtering the messages that come through and then relaying them to you within your established vocabulary.
PRACTICE & STUDY TIME
The following is an exercise I discovered in The Book Of Psychic Symbols by Melanie Barnum. I have found that it works best to use a separate journal for my own psychic vocabulary. To this day, I still add things that I learn to this journal!
PSYCHIC VOCAB WORD LIST EXERCISE
- Write each word down with your own handwriting in your journal.
- After you write down a word, immediately write your interpretation of that word and move on to the next.
- Don’t edit yourself; write down whatever comes to you, as it comes to you – keep writing what comes to you- as it comes to you. What comes may be a single word, or the description of how that word makes you feel. Whatever it is, document it.
- Continue writing until you feel complete. You may have only one word or you may have several paragraphs about one word.
Keep in mind:
- There are no right or wrong answers.
- Do not judge or be critical of yourself as you go along.
- Do not stop to re-read what you wrote. Just keep going! This will help prevent any second guessing or judgment!
- Also, if you also see a symbol for this word, draw or write that down, too. In the future, you might see the symbol and refer to your own definition in order to understand what is coming through.
PIECE OF WOOD