The Chakra System
Class 1- 3/14/23
What is a CHAKRA?
Chakra means wheel or disk in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India. Chakras are whirling centres of life force energy that are within our energy body. They are not physical in the physical sense, but they are experienced in the physical body as energy in various locations. They can be referred to as Wheels of light, vortexes of spinning energy that emanate from the center of your body, up and down your spine along the nervous system.
There are seven main chakras. Starting at the bottom and working our way up they are:
- the Root chakra
- the Sacral chakra
- the Solar Plexus chakra
- the Heart chakra
- the Throat chakra
- the Third Eye chakra
- the Crown chakra.
In addition, extra chakras can be found in the physical body and also in the energetic body: the Palm chakras, the Foot chakras and higher dimensional chakras like Stellar Gateway, Soul Star chakra and Earth Star chakra just to name a few. The higher dimensional chakras are now being reactivated due to Earth’s ascension and frequency rising.
Every chakra, especially the primary seven, are related to specific types of emotional and behavioral patterns. For example, any illness we might have is an indicator of a chakra imbalance inside ourselves.
Since blocked energy in any of these centers may lead to illness, then understanding their purpose, functions and what we can do to keep them balanced is vital for our development.
There are various techniques that we can use to cleanse the chakras, such as using crystals, colors, visualizations, mantras, Reiki self-healing, in person or distance Reiki healing treatments, affirmations, and different types of meditation.
WHAT IS THE ROOT CHAKRA?
- The first of the seven chakras is the Root Chakra.
- The Color representing this chakra is RED.
- It is located at the base of the spine- .
- The Sanskrit name for the first chakra is Muladhara, meaning root and support.
- Just like a tree, your Root Chakra is what grounds you to the Earth, creating the foundation on which you build your life.
- The Root Chakra is associated with our feelings of safety and security, both physical and metaphorical.
- This includes your basic needs such as food, water, and shelter, as well as your emotional needs.
- Your Root Chakra is what causes your survival instincts, also known as the fight or flight responses.
- Connected to the Earth Element
- The Sound of the Root Chakra is LAM
- Purpose- Regulate our primal and physical existence, our physical survival. Embodiment, grounding and engagement.
- Physical body- Adrenal glands, skeletal structure, teeth, large intestine, kidneys and blood
- Emotional Imbalance- Rage fearfulness, frustration, anxiety and depression
- Mental Imbalance- black and white thinking, pessimism, negative thinking about life
- Spiritual imbalance- stubbornness and unwilling to expand one’s view point
When the Root Chakra is balanced and functioning properly, you feel grounded, secure and at peace with the world. It’s natural for these feelings to fluctuate, which is why it’s important to focus on taking the time to balance your first charka.
- Being grounded, earth connection
- Stability, security, deeply rooted in earth
- Body knowledge, instinctual knowing
- Inner security and foundation of self
- Wise use of spiritual tools- feeling that connection to them ie- plant medicine
An imbalanced or blocked Root Chakra will cause feelings of insecurity, restlessness and anger.
An overactive Root Chakra will cause feelings of anxiety, panic and fear.
- This is because its based on your basic need to survive, which may feel threatened. You could be experiencing change in your financial situation, struggling with personal relationships, or stressing to get through your day-to-day activities/responsibilities and make ends meet.
An underactive Root Chakra is more common for those who have generally always had their survival needs taken care of.
- Never having to worry about basic things like food, shelter, or safety creates a sense of genuine security. However, taking things too far and remaining naïve to the world around you will leave your head in the clouds. This may not seem like a huge issue, but it’s important to remain connected to the here and now of your reality.
Symptoms of unbalance:
- Energetically sluggish, feeling isolated and unsupported
- Fear of survival- unsteady, uneasy
- Negative outlook on life, money worries, substance abuse and/or addictions (drugs, alcohol, shopping, sex, gambling)
Take Away Thoughts:
- Building a solid foundation supports everything you do.
- The root chakra governs the lower part of the torso, including the legs and feet as well as the large intestine and colon, and bones in general as its the hardest part of the body.
- If you have any issues with these areas, your root chakra may need some attention.
Basic Principal– Survival –You must push down in order to rise up!
- Safe and stable foundations helps you build stronger higher chakras.
- Lack of balance will cause other chakras to over compensate.
Essential Oils for support
This section was taken from my Healing Chakras with Essential Oils Class in 2019- ENJOY!
FACT: Essential oils embody the frequencies and healing properties of plants. They work on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels.
- Considered a sacred oil
- Properties- Calming, sedative, antidepressant
- Used in meditation to awaken life force energy
- Gentle on the nervous system
- Calms and harmonizes body
- Helps grounding of excessive root chakra issues
- Sacred oil
- Properties- uplifting
- Promotes spiritual awareness
- Build bridge between the crown and root chakras
- Gentle and calming on nervous system
- Provides feelings of safety to arise, grounding in truth
- Sacred and Holy oil
- Deep warm and sweet aroma
- Antidepressant and sedative
- Soothing and calming
- Acts as a booster to any oil it is paired with
- Helps connect the crown and Root chakras
- Ylang Ylang
- Cools down excessive root chakra issues
- Lessons agitation and fear
- Calming on nervous system
- Eases tension
- Relaxing and sedative
- Helps with mood swings in teenagers
- Natural sedative
- Grounding and calming
- Calming due to shock or trauma
- Helps promote restful sleep
- Smells like fresh dirt
- Bridges the gap between the root and crown chakras
- Aids functioning of adrenal glands
- Acts like a tranquilizer and has antidepressant qualities
- Promotes warm comfort with its aroma
- Universal for all seven chakras
- Calms strong emotions
- Release pent up energy
- Allow life force energy to flow through the body
How to Support Chakras with Essential Oils
- Directly from bottle
- Aromatherapy techniques- diffuser
- Apply to body over chakra area (use caution- proper dilution is necessary)
- Cleanse Body Filters
- Apply to the bottoms of feet
- Ingest (use caution- all oils are not to be ingested, make sure its high quality too)
- Add to your bathwater